Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spaghetti Jar Meal

I just created a dry mix spaghetti sauce and could not wait to share it with everyone. I made this last night for dinner and my grandchildren loved it. There words "this is better than store bought" I am so smiling inside as I share this with you. I am hoping you like it as much as they do.




Spaghetti Jar Meal

1/3 cup Basic Sauce Mix
1/4 cup Thrive Tomato Powder
1 teaspoon Thrive Dehydrated onions
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of dry parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of minced dry garlic
2 teaspoons of dry green bell pepper flakes 

In a one quart wide mouth mason jar add broken spaghetti noodles or any pasta about a inch from the top...Make up the dry mix spaghetti sauce and put it in a baggie and put it on top of the jar put in a oxygen absorber and add lid and ring.

To Make The Jar Meal
Remove the baggie with sauce mix and set a side cook your Spaghetti noodles and drain. While that is cooking,
In a sauce pan add 1 1/2 cups of water and whisk in the sauce mix cook on med to low heat and continue to whisk until it thickens turn it to low and let it simmer for about 5 to 10 mins. 
spoon over spaghetti noodles.

2 comments:

  1. Just heard you interview on The Survival Podcast. Great information. I will follow you, and I look forward to that book.

    ReplyDelete